The 2023 Rural Wireless Infrastructure Summit continues to receive overwhelmingly positive feedback for its varied and valuable content, substantial networking results, and top-notch organizations. Attendees appreciated the size of the conference because it allowed substantial opportunities for making quality connections and creating fresh business opportunities. RINA and RWA members valued joining forces for increased content and participation and cross pollination of their ongoing efforts to advance opportunities for rural mobile and fixed wireless providers.
Hear directly from a few of our 2023 participants:
- “The 2023 RWA-RINA Summit was an absolute goldmine of invaluable insights and industry knowledge!”
- “I thought the Summit was amazing! As a first-year exhibitor at RWA and as someone who has done many hours of fruitless booth duty, I was blown away by the participation and interaction from all of the attendees. The level of market and technological acumen was exceedingly impressive. I think I came away learning more than I taught others, and that’s always a win in my book.”
- “Intimate and accessible. Great content!”
- “The best event of everything we attend all year. Love how everyone stays together, and the venue is spot on!”
- “Excellent networking event! This was our first time participating in the event and will likely be back next time. Thank you for everything that was done to plan and execute this event, it was EXCELLENT!”
FCC Commissioner Nathan Simington was in attendance virtually for the Day 2 Regulatory Keynote, discussed the current cybersecurity and national security issues faced by rural providers and the FCC’s role in addressing them, including potential new regulations.
Commissioner Brendan Carr’s speech is available here.
Presentation slides from several of our sessions are provided below.
Industry Keynote: 5G, 6G and Beyond!
Presenter: Michael R. Romano, Executive Vice President, NTCA–The Rural Broadband Association
How Fixed Wireless Access and Fiber Can Coexist Within Broadband Funding Frameworks
Presenters: Mike Lasky, Principal, Widelity; Chris Crowe, CEO, t3 Broadband, Inc.
Open RAN and Federal Funding for Wireless Infrastructure
Presenter: John Baker, SVP of Ecosystem Business Development, Mavenir Systems, Inc.
Cybersecurity “Comfort Food”
Presenters: Peter Elliot, President and CEO, Telcom Insurance Group; Joseph Drissel, CEO, CyberESI; Matt Barrett, COO, CyberESI; Stephen Sharbaugh, Associate, Womble Bond Dickinson
Overcoming Network Information Chaos by Leveraging Digital Twins– Arrowhead Meeting Room
Presenters: Luis Compagnucci, Director Business Services North America, Ceragon Networks; Javier Irizarry, Sr. Director Sales & BD, Ceragon Networks
Industry Keynote by Jennifer Fritzsche of Greenhill & Co.
Keynote: Jennifer Fritzsche, Co-Head of North American Communication Services and Digital Infrastructure, Greenhill & Co.
Why Rural Communities are Now Embracing Wireless Networks: 4G, 5G and Beyond
Presenter: Carla Shaffer, Vice President Sales, Wesco
Cell Site Discover Project
Presenters: Kirk Bostick, VP of Operations, Spectra; CJ Corry, Channel Sales Manager for the Rockies, Verkada
Rip and Replace
Presenters: Chris Townson, CEO, DTC Communications; Mike Laskowsky, Networks Operation Manager, United Wireless; Leslie Williams, President, SI Wireless, LLC; Brian Hough, Director of Plant Operations, PTCI
Grand Finale Session! Carrier Panel
Moderator: Carri Bennet, General Counsel, RWA, Partner, Womble Bond Dickinson
Panelists: Eric Cramer, President & CEO, Wilkes Communications / RiverStreet Networks; Chris Townson, CEO, DTC Communications; Chris Ruhl, General Manager, Cross Wireless; Allen Bennion, Chief Operating Officer, RINA Networks, Wireless Supervisor Acquisition and Site Maintenance, STRATA Networks
Stay tuned for information on the Summit 2024!